- This Just In
Today in This Just InMore StoriesThursday, January 29This Just In PSB orders Phase 2 cost estimateThis Just In Bratt shades MAUThis Just In Phantoms win round 2, top Westside, 60-46This Just In Wildcats trip up PoultneyThis Just In Library hosts coding eventThis Just In Chamber capital trip scheduledWednesday, January 28This Just In Shumlin: ‘Responsibility’ ended his use of potThis Just In Sorrell outlines state’s GMO case for lawmakers 0This Just In Police investigate gunpoint robbery at credit union 0This Just In Vermont school launches, recovers high-altitude balloons 0This Just In Police: Man robbed store at gunpointThis Just In Illegal gun buy leads to prisonThis Just In Police seek driver in hit and runTuesday, January 27This Just In City speed limit forum canceled tonight 0This Just In DMV briefs lawmakers on driver’s privilege card fraud 0This Just In Two badly injured in Killington head-on crash Monday 0This Just In Unemployment rate dropped to 4.2 percent in December 0This Just In New Natural Resources Board member named 0This Just In Brandon Select Board adopts budget 0This Just In Vermont calls more GMO hearings, extends comment deadline 0Monday, January 26This Just In Casino bill to benefit the elderly proposed 0This Just In Capitol Beat Podcast 0This Just In Snow: 6 to 12 inches total expected by Wednesday 0This Just In Brandon board set to adopt budget tonight 0This Just In Proposal would grant dogs off-leash rightsThis Just In Farm and crop symposium setThis Just In Lyndon State gets new academic deanSunday, January 25This Just In Drummer Taylor dies at 66This Just In Snowstorm leads to crashes on I-91This Just In Snowstorm leads to crashes on I-91This Just In ‘Phantom students’ a factor in education debateThis Just In GOP presses state bills limiting gay rightsThis Just In US reacts to suicide of transgender Ohio teenSaturday, January 24This Just In Longfellow building due for repairsThis Just In Experts unfazed by snowboarding declineThis Just In Teachers, boards split on arbitration proposal
National Election Headlines
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed