- Devil's Bowl Speedway
Latest Devil's Bowl Speedway newsVermont Sports Rear View MIrror: Wrapping up the seasonLocal Sports Devil’s Bowlclosing showppd. to Nov. 1Vermont Sports Rear View Mirror: Milk Bowl one for the agesVermont Sports Rear View Mirror: Drama aplenty on Devil’s Bowl dirtVermont Sports Rear View Mirror: Joey Pole finally a championVermont Sports Rear View Mirror: ACT Invitational was a great raceVermont Sports Sweet, Hoar, Laperle aiming for 1st Invitational winsVermont Sports Rear View Mirror: Racing legends honoredVermont Sports Rear View Mirror: North Haverill becoming a racing havenVermont Sports Sweet wins; O’Donnell repeats at T-RoadVermont Sports Michaud wears different hat with ACTLocal Sports Rear View Mirror: Racing races to finishVermont Sports Thunder Road announces Tiger Triple 50 featuresLocal Sports Rear View Mirror: Ward’s death tragic, unnecessaryLocal Sports Packard, Hull, Furland honored by VSMALocal Sports Richards recalled during racing at BowlVermont Sports ACT: Polewarczyk Jr. favorite to win at Beech Ridge
National Election Headlines
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed