Chamber mixer set for CastletonJuly 08,2014CASTLETON — The Rutland Region Chamber of Commerce will hold its July mixer tonight at Castleton State College.
The event is scheduled for 5 to 7 p.m. at Hoff Hall on South Street next to the Pavilion.
Guests at the mixer are invited to bring a chair and stay after for the Castleton Concert Series featuring Satin & Steel.
A 50/50 raffle will benefit the American Cancer Society. Door prizes include a Spartan lawn chair, an overnight stay for two at Best Western Inn & Suites, a Peter Huntoon watercolor print, Paramount Theatre tickets and a family portrait session with an 8-by-10 from Vibe Portrait Art.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!