Woman injured in motorcycle crashJuly 08,2014Canada woman
hurt in bike crash
CORNWALL — A Canadian woman was injured on Route 125 Sunday evening when her motorcycle tipped over and skidded down the roadway, according to Vermont State Police.
Elane Lefebvre, 59, of Gatineau, Quebec, was taken by ambulance to Porter Hospital for injuries to her lower leg and arm after the crash just after 6 p.m. near the intersection with West Street.
Police say Lefebvre was riding her Harley Davidson on the highway when she lost control of the motorcycle on gravel stones along the shoulder of the road. Speed was not a factor in the crash, police said.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.