Woman injured in motorcycle crashJuly 08,2014Canada woman
hurt in bike crash
CORNWALL — A Canadian woman was injured on Route 125 Sunday evening when her motorcycle tipped over and skidded down the roadway, according to Vermont State Police.
Elane Lefebvre, 59, of Gatineau, Quebec, was taken by ambulance to Porter Hospital for injuries to her lower leg and arm after the crash just after 6 p.m. near the intersection with West Street.
Police say Lefebvre was riding her Harley Davidson on the highway when she lost control of the motorcycle on gravel stones along the shoulder of the road. Speed was not a factor in the crash, police said.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.