Mount Holly crash kills driver, 84Staff Report | July 06,2014MOUNT HOLLY - An 84-year-old Reading man was killed and his wife injured in a crash on Route 103 early today, according to Vermont State Police.
John Stahura was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash which took place at 12:40 a.m. south of the intersection with Shunpike Road.
His wife, Nancy Stahura, was temporarily trapped in the 2008 Chevrolet van the couple was traveling in. But Nancy Stahura was freed by members of Mount Holly Fire and Rescue along with members of the Ludlow Fire Department.
She was taken by ambulance to Rutland Regional Medical Center where she was treated for what police described as non-life-threatening injuries. She was listed in fair condition at the hospital this morning.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.