Mount Holly crash kills driver, 84Staff Report | July 06,2014MOUNT HOLLY - An 84-year-old Reading man was killed and his wife injured in a crash on Route 103 early today, according to Vermont State Police.
John Stahura was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash which took place at 12:40 a.m. south of the intersection with Shunpike Road.
His wife, Nancy Stahura, was temporarily trapped in the 2008 Chevrolet van the couple was traveling in. But Nancy Stahura was freed by members of Mount Holly Fire and Rescue along with members of the Ludlow Fire Department.
She was taken by ambulance to Rutland Regional Medical Center where she was treated for what police described as non-life-threatening injuries. She was listed in fair condition at the hospital this morning.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.