Police: Local man fought respondersJune 26,2014Police said a West Rutland man kicked and bit emergency responders taking him into custody for public intoxication.
Raymond M. Savoie, 24, pleaded innocent in Rutland criminal court to misdemeanor charges of simple assault on a law enforcement officer, resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
Bail was set at $1,500 for Savoie, who posted the amount and was released from jail.
Savoie was arrested Monday night when police were called to Wheeler Avenue in Fair Haven. Police said Savoie showed signs of extreme inebriation.
Savoie kicked and kneed officers trying to put him inside a cruiser, police said. A Poultney emergency medical technician was bit on the arm several others were kicked while Savoie was placed on a stretcher, police said.MORE IN This Just InThe Rutland County Sheriff’s Office agreed to transport Dennis Duby Jr. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.