Police: Woman drove drunk with kids in carJune 21,2014Police: Woman DUI
with kids in car
MANCHESTER — A North Rupert woman was cited for four counts of child endangerment after she was stopped and charged with driving under the influence of alcohol while her four children, all younger than 15, were in the vehicle, according to police.
Carol Rock, 32, of North Rupert, was also cited for drunk driving and driving with a criminally suspended license, according to a press release from Trooper Justin Walker of the Vermont State Police.
Walker said Rock was stopped on Depot Street in Manchester on Thursday around 9 p.m. for a defective headlight.
According to Walker, Rock’s driver’s license was suspended after she was convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol in 2012.
Walker said Rock failed the field sobriety exercises he administered after the stop.
One of the children was sitting without a seatbelt or any safety restraint in the cargo area of the sports utility vehicle Rock was driving.
Rock is scheduled to appear in Bennington criminal court July 7.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.