Cavendish man injured in accidentJune 11,2014Cavendish man
injured in crash
CAVENDISH — A 23-year-old local man suffered potentially life-threatening injuries in a one-vehicle accident Monday night.
Donald Davis was driving a 1997 Dodge truck near the intersection of Route 131 and Brook Road when he went off the pavement and crashed into the Elm Brook, Vermont State Police Trooper Jake Bloom reported.
Police and Cavendish fire and rescue responders arrived on the scene about 9:15 p.m. to find Davis “partially ejected from the vehicle through the windshield,” Bloom reported.
Davis wasn’t wearing a seat belt, police said. He was airlifted to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in New Hampshire.
Police can’t yet say what caused the crash but are conducting an investigation.
The truck was destroyed in the accident, they added.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.