Cavendish man injured in accidentJune 11,2014Cavendish man
injured in crash
CAVENDISH — A 23-year-old local man suffered potentially life-threatening injuries in a one-vehicle accident Monday night.
Donald Davis was driving a 1997 Dodge truck near the intersection of Route 131 and Brook Road when he went off the pavement and crashed into the Elm Brook, Vermont State Police Trooper Jake Bloom reported.
Police and Cavendish fire and rescue responders arrived on the scene about 9:15 p.m. to find Davis “partially ejected from the vehicle through the windshield,” Bloom reported.
Davis wasn’t wearing a seat belt, police said. He was airlifted to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in New Hampshire.
Police can’t yet say what caused the crash but are conducting an investigation.
The truck was destroyed in the accident, they added.MORE IN This Just InA Rutland woman who spray painted a response to graffiti left outside her house was issued a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?