Cavendish man injured in accidentJune 11,2014Cavendish man
injured in crash
CAVENDISH — A 23-year-old local man suffered potentially life-threatening injuries in a one-vehicle accident Monday night.
Donald Davis was driving a 1997 Dodge truck near the intersection of Route 131 and Brook Road when he went off the pavement and crashed into the Elm Brook, Vermont State Police Trooper Jake Bloom reported.
Police and Cavendish fire and rescue responders arrived on the scene about 9:15 p.m. to find Davis “partially ejected from the vehicle through the windshield,” Bloom reported.
Davis wasn’t wearing a seat belt, police said. He was airlifted to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in New Hampshire.
Police can’t yet say what caused the crash but are conducting an investigation.
The truck was destroyed in the accident, they added.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.