Cavendish man injured in accidentJune 11,2014Cavendish man
injured in crash
CAVENDISH — A 23-year-old local man suffered potentially life-threatening injuries in a one-vehicle accident Monday night.
Donald Davis was driving a 1997 Dodge truck near the intersection of Route 131 and Brook Road when he went off the pavement and crashed into the Elm Brook, Vermont State Police Trooper Jake Bloom reported.
Police and Cavendish fire and rescue responders arrived on the scene about 9:15 p.m. to find Davis “partially ejected from the vehicle through the windshield,” Bloom reported.
Davis wasn’t wearing a seat belt, police said. He was airlifted to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in New Hampshire.
Police can’t yet say what caused the crash but are conducting an investigation.
The truck was destroyed in the accident, they added.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — The state Public Service Board has ordered Vermont Gas Systems to stop digging... Full StoryBRANDON – The Select Board on Monday night took another stab at cobbling together a budget,... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.