seeks to buy land
BURLINGTON ó Vermontís largest hospital is seeking approval to buy nearly 140 acres in South Burlington for $51 million to meet a growing demand for outpatient services.
Fletcher Allen Health Care has filed a certificate of need application with state regulators.
The real estate is adjacent to Hinesburg Road and includes most of the 92-acres Mountain View Business Park and an adjoining 38 acres. Fletcher Allen already leases two buildings and the adjoining land.
Hospital officials said an analysis shows that purchasing buildings already occupied by Fletcher Allen, as well as other buildings, and the land and adjoining parcel will pay for itself within 19 years.
Fletcher Allen officials say they remain committed to using the Medical Center Campus in Burlington for inpatient care and closely-related outpatient services.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.