Raiders tennis wins on senior dayMay 17,2014GIRLS TENNIS
Rutland 5, Springfield 2
The Rutland girls celebrated senior day with a victory over the Cosmos, a Division II team with an 8-3 record.
Division I Rutland improved to 11-2.
Caitlin Hanley, Ktristen Switzer, Melanie Hubbard, Sarah Nadler, Kelsey Bullock, Amber Thomas and Christina Lovett are the Rutland seniors.
Hanley had a 6-1, 6-0 victory over Kiana Nelson, Switzer defeated Erin Chlebak 6-2, 6-3, and Megan Nadler defeated Kendra Dana 7-6 (10), 6-3 in singles, where the Cosmosí Kylie Bellows defeated Hubbard 6-4, 2-6, 11-9, and Lexie Bellows defeated Sarah Nadler 6-3, 6-0.
Rutland swept the doubles, with Bullock and Thomas topping Katie Worth and Jenn Anders, 6-0, 6-0, and Lovett and Christie Calabrese beating Emilia Battista and Sadie Rice 6-1, 6-2.MORE IN This Just InGarret Keizer, a contributing editor at Harperís magazine, had good reason for toiling a year as ... Full StoryMONTPELIER — Health care, economic development and the duties of the office are issues of... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City aldermen discuss future of recreation department facilities, three bears killed in interstate crash, town school principal rewards students' good reading habits, fight at city jail sends a man to hospital.