Raiders tennis wins on senior dayMay 17,2014GIRLS TENNIS
Rutland 5, Springfield 2
The Rutland girls celebrated senior day with a victory over the Cosmos, a Division II team with an 8-3 record.
Division I Rutland improved to 11-2.
Caitlin Hanley, Ktristen Switzer, Melanie Hubbard, Sarah Nadler, Kelsey Bullock, Amber Thomas and Christina Lovett are the Rutland seniors.
Hanley had a 6-1, 6-0 victory over Kiana Nelson, Switzer defeated Erin Chlebak 6-2, 6-3, and Megan Nadler defeated Kendra Dana 7-6 (10), 6-3 in singles, where the Cosmos’ Kylie Bellows defeated Hubbard 6-4, 2-6, 11-9, and Lexie Bellows defeated Sarah Nadler 6-3, 6-0.
Rutland swept the doubles, with Bullock and Thomas topping Katie Worth and Jenn Anders, 6-0, 6-0, and Lovett and Christie Calabrese beating Emilia Battista and Sadie Rice 6-1, 6-2.MORE IN This Just InHalloween is here and with it comes the excuse to binge on candy corn until you enter a... Full StoryWhen the building on West Street formerly home to a bar called “The Office” received ... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.