Brewers Festival sells out in 11 minutesMay 17,2014Brewers Festival
sells out quickly
The Associated Press
BURLINGTON — Thinking about going to the Vermont Brewers Festival on the Burlington waterfront this summer? You might be out of luck. A festival producer says tickets sold out in 11 minutes for the 22nd annual event on July 18 and 19.
The Burlington Free Press reports that the 8,400 tickets were sold online with a four-ticket limit.
A total of 46 craft brewers, including 34 from Vermont, will offer up their beer for sampling. Tickets costs $30 for one four-hour tasting session. One session will be held July 18 and two on July 19.
Five years ago organizers decided the festival had become too crowded and so decided to limit ticket sales.
Tickets to last year’s festival sold out in 34 hours.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.