Woman indicted for distributing heroinApril 29,2014Woman indicted for
A 22-year-old Massachusetts woman has been indicted by a federal grand jury on charges she sold hundreds of bags of heroin in southeastern Vermont.
The U.S. attorney’s office said that Friday a not guilty plea was entered on behalf of Seanna Krasin of Holyoke, Mass.
She was indicted on two counts of heroin distribution.
Court records said the Vermont Drug Task Force used a confidential informant to buy 250 bags of heroin from Krasin in Springfield on April 7 and on April 10, 800 bags.
Prosecutors said the investigation found that between November and her arrest on April 10 she sold between 6,000 and 8,000 bags in Vermont.
Krasin was released on conditions.
Her attorney did not return a call seeking comment Monday.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.