Tinmouth man gets three years for heroin salesApril 29,20143 years in jail for Tinmouth dealer
A Tinmouth man who pleaded guilty to selling heroin in Rutland County was sentenced Monday by a federal judge to 37 months in jail.
Alan H. Willis, 41, pleaded guilty in December to a federal charge of conspiracy to distribute heroin.
He was sentenced in federal court in Rutland by Judge Christina Reiss, who ordered two years of supervised release upon completion of his jail term.
Willis was arrested in February 2013 after police raided his home at 661 East Road in Tinmouth, where they found 1,500 bags of heroin worth $30,000 along with almost $5,000 in cash.
Two months after his arrest, Willis was arrested again while out of jail on $200,000 bail. His second arrest took place in Rutland after city police found more than 100 bags of heroin on him during a traffic stop.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.