GMC student in ICU after jumping through fourth-floor windowApril 28,2014By Darren Marcy
POULTNEY - A Green Mountain College student is in intensive care after he was severely injured early Sunday morning after police said he jumped from a fourth-floor window of Ames Hall while he and friends were taking LSD and drinking wine.
Christian Pezzino, 22, of Reading, Pa., was reported to be in the intensive care unit at Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington on Monday.
Pizzino was initially transported to Rutland Regional Medical Center after the 2 a.m. fall, but was soon flown to Burlington by helicopter.
Detective Sgt. Albert Abdelnour said Pizzino was drinking LSD-laced wine with a group of friends when he allegedly ran to the end of a hallway and jumped through a closed window from the fourth floor of Ames Hall.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.