GMC student in ICU after jumping through fourth-floor windowApril 28,2014By Darren Marcy
POULTNEY - A Green Mountain College student is in intensive care after he was severely injured early Sunday morning after police said he jumped from a fourth-floor window of Ames Hall while he and friends were taking LSD and drinking wine.
Christian Pezzino, 22, of Reading, Pa., was reported to be in the intensive care unit at Fletcher Allen Health Care in Burlington on Monday.
Pizzino was initially transported to Rutland Regional Medical Center after the 2 a.m. fall, but was soon flown to Burlington by helicopter.
Detective Sgt. Albert Abdelnour said Pizzino was drinking LSD-laced wine with a group of friends when he allegedly ran to the end of a hallway and jumped through a closed window from the fourth floor of Ames Hall.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1520, Ferdinand Magellan is first European to navigate passage that bears his name from the Atlantic to the Pacific sea; in 1582, Will Shakespeare, Anne Hathaway secure their marriage license with 40 pound bond.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.