Woman denies drug trafficking chargeApril 16,2014Woman denies
A Brandon woman who told police she opened her home to a New York drug dealer to support her own addiction denied two felony charges in Rutland criminal court Monday.
Jamie L. Trinci, 28, pleaded innocent to counts of possessing crack cocaine and heroin trafficking. Judge Nancy Corsones set bail at $50,000 for Trinci, who was not listed on the state’s online inmate locator Tuesday night.
Trinci, who could face up to 35 years in jail if convicted of both offenses, was arrested in February after police executed a search warrant at her home at 43 Carver St.
In the home, Brandon Police say they seized 32 rocks of crack cocaine weighing a total of 12. 5 grams and 380 bags of heroin weighing a total of 12.12 grams.
During her arrest, Trinci allegedly told police that she had been hosting a drug dealer from Brooklyn, N.Y, at her home since she moved into the residence in November.
She said the dealer, who goes by the street name “BL” would package drugs at her home and give them to her to sell to people she knew.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.