PLAINFIELD — New York Times best-selling author Justin Torres will give a reading at Goddard College on Monday.
The event is free and open to the public.
Torres, author of “We the Animals,” will read from his fiction, answer questions and sign books at 7:30 p.m. at the Haybarn Theatre.
According to a news release, “We the Animals” is a coming of age tale of three brothers that speaks to what it’s like to grow up in the chaos, darkness, lyricism, laughter, fire and excitement of now.
A graduate of the Iowa Writers’ Workshop, Torres has received a Rolón Fellowship in literature from United States Artists and was a Wallace Stegner Fellow at Stanford, as well as a fellow at the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Studies at Harvard.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.