Made in Vermont Trade show setApril 07,2014ESSEX JUNCTION — The first Made in Vermont Trade Show will be held this weekend at the Champlain Valley Exposition in Essex Junction.
The event showcases a wide variety of Vermont-made products, including furniture, wine, specialty foods, crafts, lighting and more.
The trade show runs from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Only products made in Vermont are permitted to exhibit. The state of Vermont identifies “a made in Vermont” product as: A material or ingredient substantially transformed into a new and different item, with a name, character or use distinct from that of the ingredients or components from which it was transformed.”
The show will include three “spirit rooms,” set aside for brewers, wineries and distillers.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.