Fake bomb threat closes 3 schoolsMarch 28,2014LUDLOW — An unidentified out-of-state student faces charges after spurring a bomb scare that closed this town’s elementary, middle and high schools Wednesday.
Police said a boy from Fall Mountain Regional High School in Langdon, N.H., upset with adults who monitor students’ social media sites, decided to post a bomb threat on the Internet.
“It was a hoax,” said Ludlow Police Chief Jeffrey Billings. “He was trying to see whether people were watching his Facebook page. He learned the hard way.”
The boy will be cited to appear in White River Junction criminal court.
Ludlow students will have to make up the lost school day in June.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.