Eunice F. SheldrickMarch 19,2014
Eunice F. SheldrickEunice F. Sheldrick
HYDEVILLE — Eunice F. Sheldrick, 81, died Tuesday morning, March 18, 2014, at Misty Heather Morn Community Care Home following a long illness.
Eunice was born September 3, 1932, in Fair Haven, VT, one of nine children of the late Charles and Merinda (Martin) Graves.
She graduated from Fair Haven High School with the class of 1950.
She was a devoted wife, mother and homemaker, having lived her entire life in the Fair Haven and Castleton areas.
She was a longtime member of the First Baptist Church in Fair Haven; and as an accomplished organist, served as the church organist for many years, as well as a trustee of the church.
Eunice served her community as a former member of the town of Castleton Zoning Board.
Eunice got many hours of enjoyment during her lifetime just being home, cooking for her family, spending time with her grandchildren, and watching and feeding all of God’s creatures.
Eunice is survived by her husband, Calvin C. Sheldrick of Hydeville, whom she married October 10, 1992; her daughter, Joan Brown and her husband, Mark, of Hydeville; her son, William “Bill” Spaulding of Fair Haven; her step-daughters, Karen Kranick of Latham, NY, and Donna Cornell of Watervliet, NY; her sister, Mildred Lowell of Lakeland, FL; her grandchildren, Matthew and Emily Brown, Molly and Samantha Spaulding, and Mark and Amber Palasz; and several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her former husbands, Jack Spaulding and Russell Norton; three sisters, Ruth Graves, Marion McCarthy and Virginia Rock; and four brothers, an infant, and Charles, Wesley and Stanley Graves.
Funeral services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Saturday, March 22, at the United Church of Benson. The Rev. Holly Ross Noble, pastor, will officiate.
Following the funeral service, family will receive family and friends in the church hall for continued fellowship and refreshments.
There will be no calling hours.
Burial will be at a later date in the Cedar Grove Cemetery.
Arrangements are by the Durfee Funeral Home, 119 North Main Street, Fair Haven, VT.
In lieu of flowers, Eunice’s family suggests memorial contributions in her memory to Misty Heather Morn Activity Fund, P.O. Box 176, Hydeville, VT 05760.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1915, the New York World publishes scoop: Thom. Edison diverts chemical from war production to help German pharmaceutical company make aspirin; on this day in 1935, Will Rogers, Wiley Post die in Alaska plane crash.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.