Eunice F. SheldrickMarch 19,2014
Eunice F. SheldrickEunice F. Sheldrick
HYDEVILLE — Eunice F. Sheldrick, 81, died Tuesday morning, March 18, 2014, at Misty Heather Morn Community Care Home following a long illness.
Eunice was born September 3, 1932, in Fair Haven, VT, one of nine children of the late Charles and Merinda (Martin) Graves.
She graduated from Fair Haven High School with the class of 1950.
She was a devoted wife, mother and homemaker, having lived her entire life in the Fair Haven and Castleton areas.
She was a longtime member of the First Baptist Church in Fair Haven; and as an accomplished organist, served as the church organist for many years, as well as a trustee of the church.
Eunice served her community as a former member of the town of Castleton Zoning Board.
Eunice got many hours of enjoyment during her lifetime just being home, cooking for her family, spending time with her grandchildren, and watching and feeding all of God’s creatures.
Eunice is survived by her husband, Calvin C. Sheldrick of Hydeville, whom she married October 10, 1992; her daughter, Joan Brown and her husband, Mark, of Hydeville; her son, William “Bill” Spaulding of Fair Haven; her step-daughters, Karen Kranick of Latham, NY, and Donna Cornell of Watervliet, NY; her sister, Mildred Lowell of Lakeland, FL; her grandchildren, Matthew and Emily Brown, Molly and Samantha Spaulding, and Mark and Amber Palasz; and several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her former husbands, Jack Spaulding and Russell Norton; three sisters, Ruth Graves, Marion McCarthy and Virginia Rock; and four brothers, an infant, and Charles, Wesley and Stanley Graves.
Funeral services will be conducted at 2 p.m. Saturday, March 22, at the United Church of Benson. The Rev. Holly Ross Noble, pastor, will officiate.
Following the funeral service, family will receive family and friends in the church hall for continued fellowship and refreshments.
There will be no calling hours.
Burial will be at a later date in the Cedar Grove Cemetery.
Arrangements are by the Durfee Funeral Home, 119 North Main Street, Fair Haven, VT.
In lieu of flowers, Eunice’s family suggests memorial contributions in her memory to Misty Heather Morn Activity Fund, P.O. Box 176, Hydeville, VT 05760.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.