Suspected heroin overdose death in LudlowFebruary 26,2014LUDLOW ó Police suspect that a 27-year-old Long Island, N.Y. manís death was due to a heroin overdose.
Ludlow Police say that emergency responders were called to 82 Andover St. Sunday night for a report of an unresponsive man.
At the scene, police say they found Adam Wachtel deceased in the kitchen.
Wachtel, who police say was a seasonal worker at Okemo ski area, was found by his roommate who returned home after a weekend away.
Several items including prescription medication and suspected heroin were taken from the home. The preliminary cause of death has been ruled an accidental overdose pending an autopsy by the state Medical Examinerís Office.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 228-4411.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.