owes an apology
Today I rode The Bus for the first time. The ride to work was very pleasant.
The ride home was a disaster. I waited at the bus stop in Castleton on this frigid night. The bus was 15 minutes late and did not arrive at the stop until almost 7:18. Then, rather than stopping at the bus stop, the driver quickly pulled over in front of the Blue Cat diner, two doors away. As I ran for the bus, the driver pulled away with a hesitation. A quick stop and go without any concern for people waiting at the designated bus stop. I was left running after the bus waving my arms.
I had to call a cab and pay $25 for a ride back to Rutland.
I deserve an apology and the driver needs to be retrained in customer service. There is no excuse for leaving a passenger on the side of the road on a cold night.
Public transportation sounds like a good idea but The Bus needs to be more aware of customers.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.