Police make arrest in fatal hit and runFebruary 21,2014Staff Report
Vermont State Police have made an arrest in a hit and run crash that killed an 86-year-old Rochester man last month.
After more than a month of investigation, police arrested Timothy Pratt, 47, of Rochester.
Pratt, police say, was the driver of a white 2005 GMC truck that struck and killed George Goding, 86, at the intersection of Route 100 and Park Row in Rochester on Jan. 15.
Pratt has been charged with a felony count of leaving the scene of an accident with death resulting, which carries a potential 15-year jail sentence.
He was issued a citation to appear in White River Junction criminal court today.MORE IN This Just InStaff Report Full StoryBy Brent Curtis Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.