Sting sales send crack seller to jailFebruary 15,2014WHITE RIVER JUNCTION — A Springfield man is heading to jail for selling crack cocaine.
William Aviles, 36, pleaded guilty Thursday in White River Junction criminal court to a felony count of cocaine sales. He was sentenced to two to four years in jail. The judge also recommended that Aviles participate in the state Department of Corrections’ work camp program which could result in less time behind bars.
In May, police said a confidential informant told them about buying drugs from Aviles “for numerous years” and offered to cooperate.
Court records stated that on two occasions that month detectives watched as the informant went to Aviles’ home. The informant met Aviles at his door and then they walked to Aviles’ garage. Each time the informant purchased two grams of crack cocaine rocks at a price of $100 per gram, according to court records.
Aviles was arraigned on the felony sail of cocaine charge in June.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.