Bennington police unveil safety trailerFebruary 15,2014Bennington police
unveil safety trailer
BENNINGTON ó The Bennington Police Department on Friday unveiled its newest piece of highway safety equipment: a fully-enclosed trailer that can take safety equipment to an impaired-driving checkpoint, critical incidents and crashes or other longer-term incidents.
In a press release, Lt. Lloyd Dean of the Bennington Police Department said the trailer was purchased using money from a Vermont Governorís Highway Safety Program grant.
The trailer will hold many of the departmentís traffic cones, sign packages and safety lighting and equipment.
The interior of the trailer will have lighting, a table top installed for a work space and a computer.
The trailer was purchased from Versatile Trailer Sales in Saratoga, N.Y., and the graphics on the trailerís side were applied by White Rocks Design Studio in Bennington.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER – The United States Department of Agriculture announced today that schools in... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Ensisheim meteorite falls into Alsatian wheatfield, 1665, first issue of London Gazette, 1874, Thomas Nast cartoon features elephant as GOP symbol, 1907, Jesus Garcia saves town from burning dynamite boxcar.