Passenger charged for cocaine in sockFebruary 12,2014Passenger charged
for cocaine in sock
Police say they arrested a Vermont car passenger with crack cocaine concealed in a sock.
The arrest occurred Monday on Interstate 91 near Springfield.
Vermont State Police said a police dog alerted a trooper to the presence of narcotics in a vehicle pulled over for expired registration and obstruction to driverís view. The trooper said he found 42.5 grams of crack cocaine concealed at the bottom of a passengerís sock while performing a consent search.
Police arrested and cited Geovanie Guzman of Springfield, Mass., on a charge of possession of crack cocaine.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.