Passenger charged for cocaine in sockFebruary 12,2014Passenger charged
for cocaine in sock
Police say they arrested a Vermont car passenger with crack cocaine concealed in a sock.
The arrest occurred Monday on Interstate 91 near Springfield.
Vermont State Police said a police dog alerted a trooper to the presence of narcotics in a vehicle pulled over for expired registration and obstruction to driverís view. The trooper said he found 42.5 grams of crack cocaine concealed at the bottom of a passengerís sock while performing a consent search.
Police arrested and cited Geovanie Guzman of Springfield, Mass., on a charge of possession of crack cocaine.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.