N.J. man charged with DUI, leaving scene in KillingtonFebruary 09,2014Josh O'Gorman
KILLINGTON - A New Jersey man is facing a slew of charges after allegedly crashing his vehicle while intoxicated Saturday morning.
Travis Hudson, 22, of Tom River, N.J., is scheduled to appear March 31 in Rutland criminal court to answer charges of drunken driving, providing false information to police and leaving the scene of an accident.
At approximately 8:24 a.m., state police responded to a report of a crash on Roaring Brook Road, where they found an abandoned Honda CR-V, off the road and surrounded by beer cans, police said. The vehicle had traveled off the road and struck several signs and trees, but the driver was nowhere to be found, police said.
In the afternoon, Hudson came to the State Police Barracks in Rutland, where he denied drinking prior to the crash, despite appearing intoxicated, police said.
In addition to the criminal charges, police also issued Hudson tickets for failing to stay on the road and for leaving beer cans and other debris at the site of the abandoned vehicle.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.