N.J. man charged with DUI, leaving scene in KillingtonFebruary 09,2014Josh O'Gorman
KILLINGTON - A New Jersey man is facing a slew of charges after allegedly crashing his vehicle while intoxicated Saturday morning.
Travis Hudson, 22, of Tom River, N.J., is scheduled to appear March 31 in Rutland criminal court to answer charges of drunken driving, providing false information to police and leaving the scene of an accident.
At approximately 8:24 a.m., state police responded to a report of a crash on Roaring Brook Road, where they found an abandoned Honda CR-V, off the road and surrounded by beer cans, police said. The vehicle had traveled off the road and struck several signs and trees, but the driver was nowhere to be found, police said.
In the afternoon, Hudson came to the State Police Barracks in Rutland, where he denied drinking prior to the crash, despite appearing intoxicated, police said.
In addition to the criminal charges, police also issued Hudson tickets for failing to stay on the road and for leaving beer cans and other debris at the site of the abandoned vehicle.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and sports reporter Tom Haley discuss some of the stories... Full StorySPRINGFIELD - Rescue crews from Springfield and Hartford's swiftwater rescue team Tuesday morning... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Early modern humans interbred with Neanderthal people for hot nights in the old Stone Age, Veena in Dubrovnik, e.e. cummings takes early spring balloon ride.