N.J. man charged with DUI, leaving scene in KillingtonFebruary 09,2014Josh O'Gorman
KILLINGTON - A New Jersey man is facing a slew of charges after allegedly crashing his vehicle while intoxicated Saturday morning.
Travis Hudson, 22, of Tom River, N.J., is scheduled to appear March 31 in Rutland criminal court to answer charges of drunken driving, providing false information to police and leaving the scene of an accident.
At approximately 8:24 a.m., state police responded to a report of a crash on Roaring Brook Road, where they found an abandoned Honda CR-V, off the road and surrounded by beer cans, police said. The vehicle had traveled off the road and struck several signs and trees, but the driver was nowhere to be found, police said.
In the afternoon, Hudson came to the State Police Barracks in Rutland, where he denied drinking prior to the crash, despite appearing intoxicated, police said.
In addition to the criminal charges, police also issued Hudson tickets for failing to stay on the road and for leaving beer cans and other debris at the site of the abandoned vehicle.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.