N.J. man charged with DUI, leaving scene in KillingtonFebruary 09,2014Josh O'Gorman
KILLINGTON - A New Jersey man is facing a slew of charges after allegedly crashing his vehicle while intoxicated Saturday morning.
Travis Hudson, 22, of Tom River, N.J., is scheduled to appear March 31 in Rutland criminal court to answer charges of drunken driving, providing false information to police and leaving the scene of an accident.
At approximately 8:24 a.m., state police responded to a report of a crash on Roaring Brook Road, where they found an abandoned Honda CR-V, off the road and surrounded by beer cans, police said. The vehicle had traveled off the road and struck several signs and trees, but the driver was nowhere to be found, police said.
In the afternoon, Hudson came to the State Police Barracks in Rutland, where he denied drinking prior to the crash, despite appearing intoxicated, police said.
In addition to the criminal charges, police also issued Hudson tickets for failing to stay on the road and for leaving beer cans and other debris at the site of the abandoned vehicle.MORE IN This Just InWASHINGTON — Congress ran full-tilt into election-year gridlock over immigration Thursday and... Full StoryREADSBORO — A longtime feud between neighbors may have led to an incident last month during which... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.