Police: Pot shot at deer hits truckFebruary 06,2014Driver fires shot
at deer, hits truck
MONKTON ó Someone took an illegal shot through their truck window at a deer early Wednesday, but hit another vehicle on the road instead, police said.
Michael Deforge, 30, of Essex Junction told Vermont State Police he was driving on the Monkton-Vergennes Road after midnight when he came upon another truck that had stopped for a deer that crossed the road.
The driver of the other truck shot at the deer but missed and hit Deforgeís truck instead, police said.
The shooter then fled, driving northeast on the road, according to Deforge, who was uninjured.
Police did not release a description of the truck but said Deforge had provided details of the other vehicle.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call state police at 388-4919.MORE IN This Just InPITTSFORD – The Select Board meets tonight at 6:30 to hear a presentation by Green Lantern... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.