Police: Pot shot at deer hits truckFebruary 06,2014Driver fires shot
at deer, hits truck
MONKTON — Someone took an illegal shot through their truck window at a deer early Wednesday, but hit another vehicle on the road instead, police said.
Michael Deforge, 30, of Essex Junction told Vermont State Police he was driving on the Monkton-Vergennes Road after midnight when he came upon another truck that had stopped for a deer that crossed the road.
The driver of the other truck shot at the deer but missed and hit Deforge’s truck instead, police said.
The shooter then fled, driving northeast on the road, according to Deforge, who was uninjured.
Police did not release a description of the truck but said Deforge had provided details of the other vehicle.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call state police at 388-4919.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.