Circus group buys land to build Vt. training schoolJanuary 29,2014Circus group buys land for school
BRATTLEBORO — A circus group has found some land in Vermont to build a 15,000-square foot training school.
The New England Center for Circus Arts has been looking for a new home for the past four years.
The Brattleboro Reformer reports the group has bought land near the former Renew Salvage building off of Putney Road.
The group runs its programs out of four different locations in Brattleboro and their outside trapeze is set up in Guilford. It needs to raise more than $1 million to build the center.MORE IN This Just InWASHINGTON — Two senior Islamic State group leaders were killed in U.S. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Christmas bombing of North Vietnam ordered by President Richard Nixon, most lethal strikes of the war; in 1989, U.S. invades Panama to depose, arrest and charge Gen. Manuel Noriega with drug trafficking, racketeering.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 533 AD, Byzantine Emperor Justinian I gets the old empire back together again routing the Vandals from Carthage; in 1890, Lakota Chief Sitting Bull is killed at his home in South Dakota; in 1970, Soviets land probe on Venus.
- DUANE CARLETON: Rutland Herald Events Editor George Nostrand interviews musician Duane Carleton, whose new CD 'A GIRL LIKE THAT' drops Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, and will be celebrated that evening with a show at 9:30 p.m. at Killington's Pickle Barrel.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Sigisimund, king of Hungary, creates Order of the Dragon to defend the West against Ottoman Turks; Chong Ho escorts 300 virgins to China; J. Bruce Ismay born this day, built Titanic, gets free trip, does not go down with the ship.