Circus group buys land to build Vt. training schoolJanuary 29,2014Circus group buys land for school
BRATTLEBORO — A circus group has found some land in Vermont to build a 15,000-square foot training school.
The New England Center for Circus Arts has been looking for a new home for the past four years.
The Brattleboro Reformer reports the group has bought land near the former Renew Salvage building off of Putney Road.
The group runs its programs out of four different locations in Brattleboro and their outside trapeze is set up in Guilford. It needs to raise more than $1 million to build the center.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.