Police: Man threw stereo at womanJanuary 21,2014Police: Man threw
stereo at woman
PITTSFORD — A local man is jailed on $25,000 bail after he allegedly threw a stereo that hit a woman in the head Sunday, according to Vermont State Police.
Police said they arrested Jeffrey LaRouche, 35, Sunday afternoon not long after he called the police himself to report an altercation at 16 Furnace St.
At that address, police say an argument between LaRouche and his girlfriend, Jennifer Griffin, escalated into a physical fight when LaRouche allegedly hurled a stereo at the woman. Griffin was taken by ambulance to Rutland Regional Medical Center for treatment of what police called a “moderately sized” wound.
LaRouche, who police say was out of jail on probation for another offense, was arrested and taken to the Rutland jail where he remains pending arraignment on a charge of simple assault.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.