MSJ teacher is honoredJanuary 07,2014A teacher at Mount St. Joseph Academy is being honored for her “heroism.”
Sarah Fortier has been nominated as an “Unsung Hero” by St. Michaels’s College Teacher Recognition Program. The program honors teachers who provide their students with the academic skills and moral support necessary to be successful in post-secondary pursuits.
Fortier is a graduate of St. Michael’s College and an alum of MSJ Academy, where she has taught social studies since 2006. She is also the dean of students and the girls’ soccer coach.
“Sarah is a dedicated professional who truly cares about her students’ academic success, as well as their personal success,” said MSJ Principal Sandra Wilkes. ‘‘She is knowledgeable about the subjects she teaches and always has the best interests of her students at heart.”
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.