MSJ teacher is honoredJanuary 07,2014A teacher at Mount St. Joseph Academy is being honored for her “heroism.”
Sarah Fortier has been nominated as an “Unsung Hero” by St. Michaels’s College Teacher Recognition Program. The program honors teachers who provide their students with the academic skills and moral support necessary to be successful in post-secondary pursuits.
Fortier is a graduate of St. Michael’s College and an alum of MSJ Academy, where she has taught social studies since 2006. She is also the dean of students and the girls’ soccer coach.
“Sarah is a dedicated professional who truly cares about her students’ academic success, as well as their personal success,” said MSJ Principal Sandra Wilkes. ‘‘She is knowledgeable about the subjects she teaches and always has the best interests of her students at heart.”MORE IN This Just InKILLINGTON -- Two people were badly hurt in a head-on collision caused by a drunken driver Monday... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bill in Legislature proposes naming beagle Vermont state dog; Associated Press looks back at year in opiate abuse; Shapiro's in Brandon soon to close after 75 years; probe shows illegal online gun sales booming.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1861, JEFFERSON DAVIS resigns from the U.S. Senate to become president of the Confederate States of America, in 1908, NYC passes law forbidding women from smoking in public; in 1968, B-52 crashes, loses H-bomb.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Aldermen debate request for $75K from Zamias Fund for Wonderfeet museum, Bryanna Allen covers CSC Spring Convocation, proponents of sugary drinks tax meet press at State House, Neal Goswami reports revenue forecast for state.