MSJ teacher is honoredJanuary 07,2014A teacher at Mount St. Joseph Academy is being honored for her “heroism.”
Sarah Fortier has been nominated as an “Unsung Hero” by St. Michaels’s College Teacher Recognition Program. The program honors teachers who provide their students with the academic skills and moral support necessary to be successful in post-secondary pursuits.
Fortier is a graduate of St. Michael’s College and an alum of MSJ Academy, where she has taught social studies since 2006. She is also the dean of students and the girls’ soccer coach.
“Sarah is a dedicated professional who truly cares about her students’ academic success, as well as their personal success,” said MSJ Principal Sandra Wilkes. ‘‘She is knowledgeable about the subjects she teaches and always has the best interests of her students at heart.”MORE IN This Just InPITTSFORD – The Select Board meets tonight at 6:30 to hear a presentation by Green Lantern... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.