MSJ teacher is honoredJanuary 07,2014A teacher at Mount St. Joseph Academy is being honored for her “heroism.”
Sarah Fortier has been nominated as an “Unsung Hero” by St. Michaels’s College Teacher Recognition Program. The program honors teachers who provide their students with the academic skills and moral support necessary to be successful in post-secondary pursuits.
Fortier is a graduate of St. Michael’s College and an alum of MSJ Academy, where she has taught social studies since 2006. She is also the dean of students and the girls’ soccer coach.
“Sarah is a dedicated professional who truly cares about her students’ academic success, as well as their personal success,” said MSJ Principal Sandra Wilkes. ‘‘She is knowledgeable about the subjects she teaches and always has the best interests of her students at heart.”MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — The state Public Service Board has ordered Vermont Gas Systems to stop digging... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.