Firefighters hold fundraiserJanuary 07,2014The West Pawlet Volunteer Fire Department is holding a fundraiser pancake breakfast Sunday.
The breakfast will be offered from 7:30 to 11 a.m. at the West Pawlet firehouse.
The breakfast will include regular, chocolate chip, blueberry and cranberry pancakes as well as waffles, scrambled eggs, home fries, sausage, bacon, and coffee, milk and orange juice.
Prices are $7 for 12 years and older, $5 for kids 5-11, and free for kids younger than 5.
Proceeds are dedicated to the departmentís equipment and training needs.
For more information, contact Antonio Landon at 345-4312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1915, the New York World publishes scoop: Thom. Edison diverts chemical from war production to help German pharmaceutical company make aspirin; on this day in 1935, Will Rogers, Wiley Post die in Alaska plane crash.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.