Father, daughter charged with crueltyDecember 29,2013Father, daughter
accused of cruelty
RICHFORD ó A father and daughter are accused of animal cruelty after Vermont State Police said they found two emaciated dogs in a camper at their Richford home.
Randall J. Sheperd, 52, and Casey A. Sheperd, 19, were arrested Friday on charges of animal cruelty.
Police said the dogs were in a camper without food or water. Temperatures were in the single digits.
A veterinarian estimated that the animals were within 24 hours of death.
The Sheperds have been cited to appear in court in February.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.