Christmas Day fire rekindles today in ChittendenDecember 26,2013
Albert J. Marro / Staff Photo Volunteer firefighters from Chittenden, Pittsford and Rutland Town were back at the scene to battle a house fire Thursday morning off Sugarhouse Lane in Chittenden. The house is a rental property owned by the Newton Family. The initial fire was reported Wednesday, Christmas evening around 6. 12/26/13Volunteer firefighters from Chittenden, Pittsford and Rutland Town were back at the scene to battle a house fire this morning off Sugarhouse Lane in Chittenden. The house is a rental property owned by the Newton family. The initial fire was reported Wednesday, Christmas evening, around 6 p.m. No one was injured in either the initial fire, or when it rekindled today.
Photo by Albert J. MarroMORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes for fiction and biography. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and staff writer Brent Curtis discuss some of the stories... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.