Fewer than 1,000 remain without power in Vt.The Associated Press | December 26,2013MONTPELIER - Vermont State Police are urging drivers to be extremely careful on Interstate 89, where there is significant icing through Chittenden County.
Meanwhile, about 600 people remain without power following the ice storm that hit the region over the weekend.
The Vermont Electric Coop reported just under 500 customers without power early Thursday morning, with dozens of small outages scattered throughout its territory and significant line damage from Richford to Highgate.
The company estimates all repairs will be made by late Thursday night.
The website VToutages.com also reports about 160 outages among customers of the Enosburg Falls Water and Light Department.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1935, New York gangster, bootlegger, ruthless murderer Dutch Schultz, born Arthur Flegenheimer to Jewish-German immigrant parents, and three associates gunned down, killed, at the Palace Chophouse in Newark, N.J.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.